By Leslie J. Reagan
Read or Download Dangerous Pregnancies: Mothers, Disabilities, and Abortion in Modern America PDF
Best gender studies books
Bare Politics: Nudity, Political motion, and the Rhetoric of the physique by means of Brett Lunceford, examines the rhetorical energy of the unclothed physique because it pertains to protest and political motion. This learn explores what the disrobed physique communicates, and the way others are invited to make feel of this show.
Until eventually the Nineteen Eighties, a standard narrative approximately ladies in China have been one in all victimization: girls had dutifully persisted a patriarchal civilization for hundreds of thousands of years, dwelling cloistered, uneducated lives cut loose the bigger social and cultural global, till they have been liberated via political upheavals within the 20th century.
The demanding situations that girls face as political applicants should be compounded by means of race. with regards to Latinas, stereotypes in addition to nationwide media assurance and labeling of “Latino” matters almost certainly creates an electoral burden for Latina applicants on the neighborhood, country, and nationwide point. The intersection of race and gender is complex and sometimes creates extra questions than it solutions.
This ebook examines the operating lives, retirement plans, and previous age stories of 3 generations of homosexual males born 1924–86. It attracts on information accumulated from interviews with eighty two males in Australia, England, New Zealand, and united states. the 1st 1/2 the ebook concentrates at the men’s operating lives, whereas the second one half the ebook explores the interviewees’ matters approximately outdated age and retirement.
- Der gemachte Mann: Konstruktion und Krise von Männlichkeiten (Geschlecht und Gesellschaft) (German Edition)
- Sensational Pleasures in Cinema, Literature and Visual Culture: The Phallic Eye
- A Rape in the Early Republic: Gender and Legal Culture in an 1806 Virginia Trial (New Directions in Southern History)
- European Women's Movements and Body Politics: The Struggle for Autonomy (Citizenship, Gender and Diversity)
- The Memoirs of Lady Hyegyong: The Autobiographical Writings of a Crown Princess of Eighteenth-Century Korea
Extra resources for Dangerous Pregnancies: Mothers, Disabilities, and Abortion in Modern America
Dangerous Pregnancies: Mothers, Disabilities, and Abortion in Modern America by Leslie J. Reagan
- Diacronía de las lenguas iberorrománicas.: Nuevas by Andrés (ed.) Enrique-Arias,Andrés Enrique-Arias PDF
- Download PDF by Fiona Whelan: The Making of Manners and Morals in Twelfth-Century England: